Sometimes I buy groceries and then don’t know what to do with them. That happens especially with fruit very often: I’m full of good resolutions and buy too many oranges or bananas or grapes etc. And then these poor fruit are in my kitchen and I prefer to eat vegetables instead of them.
This week oranges had this fate, and so I looked in the Internet for a summer recipe to use them. And I found this salad with oranges and prosciutto crudo on ichkoche.at. I only changed the recipe slightly by reducing the amount of prosciutto and replacing onion with spring onion.
The salad is extremely tasty and perfect for hot days (here we had 30 ° C/ 86 ° F for several days now). It is easy to prepare and can be made in advance. The following recipe serves two.
– 2 oranges
– 100 g/ 3,5 oz prosciutto crudo
– 1 spring onion
– 2 fists of lamb’s lettuce
– pepper (freshly ground)
– 4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
– 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
– 1 knife tip mustard
– 1 pinch of sugar
– 5 tablespoons olive oil
1. Cut off orange peel and cut oranges into thin slices.
2. Cut spring onion into rings.
3. Place lamb’s lettuce, orange slices, spring onion rings and prosciutto crudo on a plate.
4. Prepare marinade: Whisk together orange juice, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Finally add olive oil and whisk until the marinade gets a lightly creamy consistence.
5. Pour marinade over salad and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper. Enjoy!