A few weeks ago, before COVID-19 arrived in Austria, I had a wonderful pasta salad in one of my favorite restaurants. It tastet intense of tomatoes, garlic and herbs and was a combination of pasta, mozzarella and olives. When I came home I decided to try a similar salad myself – and here you see the result of my culinary experiment.
As it comes to COVID-19: currently there is a curfew. We are allowed to leave home to buy groceries, to have a walk (not in groups) or to go to work (only if absolutely necessary). But we are fine, we stay patient and hope that the situation will have improved in a few weeks.
Stay healthy everyone!
– 120 g/ 4.2 o pasta (I used mini pasta)
– 1 handful dried tomatoes (mine were already with herbs)
– 100 g/ 3.5 oz mozzarella
– 50 g/ 1.8 oz pitted black olives
– 1 clove of garlic
– herbs de Provence
– olive oil
1. Cook the pasta in salted water according to the instructions on the package.
2. Meanwhile mix tomatoes, garlic, herbs de Provence, salt, olive oil and vinegar with a blender to a kind of pesto. Cut mozzarella in small pieces and slice olives.
3. Strain pasta and mix hot pasta with tomato-puree.
4. When pasta has cooled stir in mozzarella and olives.